Agro! Agro! Agro!
There's now a central hub from where you can browse through all the posts generated by last week's Food for Thinkers blogfest at GOOD's relaunched Food section. You can read about eating rocks, teaching transgenic food, prison food, growing mushrooms in disused railway tunnels, and many more, all collated into a very filling 16-course tasting menu.
If you have room for a 17th course, we offer our periodic agro-o-rama. Enjoy!
1) Thanet Earth and the Crystal Palaces of the Coming Salad Crisis Era.
2) Soil Maps of Africa: mapping future agro-conflicts.
3) PostNatural Organism of the Month: BioSteel™ Goat.
4) Permitted Habitats: a map of test plots approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for field experiments of GMO crops.
5) Crater Garden: a victory garden flourishing in a blitzed crater in London.
6) Edible Geography: the blog; plus college courses on agro-veillance.
7) Bovine Subway: subterranean highways for livestock.
8) Conflict Flowers: perishable symbols of beauty and romance farmed under economic inequity and environmental exploitation.
9) Foodprint Toronto: an interview with Sarah Rich and Nicola Twilley.
10) Levee Farm: combines two of our most prolific memes: agro-scapes and the littoral edge
11) Distributed Bureau of Agricultural Crime Investigation
On Agro Redux